Friday, March 15, 2013

Blueberry Cheesecake






    I was thrilled! My first baked cheese cake came out absolutely perfect! I could not help admiring my handiwork for hours on end! My daughter loves cheese cakes and she demanded Blueberry Cheese cake for Christmas. I found a tin of blueberry pie filling on the shelves of the local supermarket and then I got down to hunting a good recipe from the net. I came across a recipe at a blog called Simply Recipes which looked soo good. I saved it up and the day before my daughter and son arrived I tried it out. When done, out popped a perfect cheese cake from the oven! I was totally over joyed, elated, ecstatic and delighted! I know, I know, that I’m going a little overboard with the adjectives…but I’m justified, am I not ? *Big  grin*


Here’s the recipe that I followed, but with a small change. The original recipe has sour cream and raspberry topping whereas I used the Blueberry pie filling. Next time when I can lay my hands on some raspberry, I’ll really do want to give the raspberry topping a shot! 
Well, here we go....


Blueberry Cheesecake


Crust

  • 2 cups (475 ml) of Graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • Pinch salt
  • 5 Tbsp (70 g) unsalted butter (if using salted butter, omit the pinch of salt), melted

Filling

  • 2 pounds cream cheese (900 g), room temperature
  • 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar (270 g)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2/3 cup sour cream (160 ml)
  • 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream (160 ml)

Method

  •  Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare the springform pan by covering it with aluminum foil so that no water leaks into it while cooking.





  • Crush the graham crackers in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Transfer it to a large bowl, and stir in the sugar and salt. Then,stir in the melted butter. Mix well.
  • Next, put the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of the springform pan and gently press down the crumbs  until the crumbs are a nice even layer at the bottom of the pan!
  • Place the spring foam pan in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.

 Make the filling
  • Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat till smooth, soft and creamy.
  • Add the sugar and beat for some more time
  • Add the salt and vanilla, beating after each addition.
  • Next, add the eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute after each addition.
  •  Add the sour cream, beat until well mixed.
  • Add the heavy cream, beat until incorporated.
  • Pour the cream cheese filling into the springform pan, over the graham cracker layer. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
  • Place the foil-wrapped springform pan in a high-sided roasting pan which contains hot water. 
  • Now place the roasting pan with the springform pan in it, into the oven, on the lower rack. Cook at 325°F for 1 1/2 hours.
  •  Turn off the heat of the oven. Crack open the oven door 1-inch, and let the cake cool in the oven, for another hour. This gentle cooling will help prevent the cheesecake surface from cracking.
  •   Remove from oven.




  • When cool, cover the top of the cheesecake with foil, so that it doesn't actually touch the cheesecake. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
To serve, remove the cheese cake gently from the spring form ,  top with blueberry pie filling and serve!!!
Yummy!










Pin It now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com